Customers, advertisers and employees unlock the power of the IOT
Optus Business has partnered with The HOYTS Group to rollout essential ICT solutions designed to improve movie-goers’ experience, just in time for the holiday rush.
Under the five-year agreement, Optus will provide HOYTS with a managed services platform built on the Evolve suite. Optus’ enhancements will improve connectivity and data security throughout the HOYTS network, including its 48 cinemas, regional offices and VMO’s thousands of digital signage assets.
John Paitaridis, Managing Director, Optus Business said, “Optus’ customised digital enhancements allow HOYTS to leverage all that the Internet of Things has to offer.
“HOYTS now boasts modern, automated systems which improve the company’s productivity and the customer experience – from improving ticket transactions to the seamless management and distribution of digital content throughout their network.”
Driven by its customer growth, increased electronic transactions and a desire to future-proof its business, The HOYTS Group recognised its old, stretched IT network needed an overhaul. After in depth consultation, Optus tailored a platform which allowed HOYTS to manage and have backup for its 2000+ end-to-end services. The new platform also ensures customers a faster, improved online ticketing experience.
“Optus understood our unique business challenges and our need to implement secure solutions, while reducing overall cost – resulting in considerable cost savings and no disruption to our general day-to-day business,” said Adam Wrightson, The HOYTS Group’s General Manager of Cinema Technology.
“Some parts of our business have grown in excess of 100% between 2014 and 2017, and as we approach our busiest time of year , downtime is just not an option. We are confident Optus has prepared us to exceed the expectations of our customers, advertisers and employees, quickly and securely.”
The Optus-provided solution uses a real-time, cloud-hosted platform which includes:
- Evolve IP VPN to ensure seamless and secure connectivity across HOYTS’ multiple locations
- Evolve Internet and Voice to enable seamless communication and collaboration across the company
- Evolve WIP VPN Plus (mobile) to provide back-up connectivity solutions across all cinema venues
- Cisco’s Jasper Management Platform to help The HOYTS Group to manage the multiple assets running across its network as a collective portfolio
- Machine-to-Machine SIMs to allow The HOYTS Group to seamlessly manage and update digital signage and additional communications infrastructure.
Optus Corporate Affairs
Tel: (02) 8082 7850