- Optus continues to support the Australian Open in 2008 as official partner and official telecommunications provider for the fourth consecutive year.
- To support the tournament, running from Monday 14 January to Sunday 27 January, Optus has launched an Australian Open news site on the OptusZOO web and mobile portals so customers can keep up to date.
- Customers with a compatible mobile handset can visit OptusZOO>Sport>Australian Open or view the website at www.optuszoo.com.au/australianopen
- Mobile Customers will experience:
- match updates – in-progress scores for all centre court matches updated every 30 seconds.
- video highlights – highlights of the morning and afternoon sessions each day, shots of the day, player interview grabs and daily tennis expert interviews.
- favourite player – personalise the Australian Open homepage by selecting a favourite player to automatically get results of their last match and information about their next.
- news – catch all the news as it happens throughout the tournament.
- player profiles – from the top seeds and big names to the surprise upstarts, get the low-down on the who’s who for the Australian Open 2008.
- results – day by day results for all the major matches.
- schedule of play – find out who’s on court, never miss favourite players in action.
- information – details on the tournament, tickets, bookings and transport to Melbourne Park for the Australian Open.
- games – download and play Roger Federer’s tennis open on the mobile.
- Customers visiting the website will experience:
- Australian Open scoreboard – syndicated from IBM and Tennis Australia, the Scoreboard shows live scores, match stats and serve statistics.
- player profiles – details of the top ten seeds in both the men’s and women’s tournament.
- games – beat the machine: keep the ball in the air in the Optus Tennis Challenge.
Optus Corporate Affairs
Tel: (02) 8082 5302