Optus unveiled today its new range of Business Online products, specifically designed to remove the complexity and cost of establishing a small business online. The products include domain name registration, web hosting services, email hosting and secure data back up.
The new products are a significant step by Optus in the small and medium business (SMB) market to offer customers a way to make the most of their broadband, and grow their business online in a secure, cost effective, and easy to manage way.
Stuart Tucker, Marketing Director – Optus SMB, said Optus’ new Business Online products had been designed to take the guess work out of doing business online for small business customers.
“We are committed to growing our share in the SMB market by offering compelling products and services and Business Online is another example of this.
“Business Online gives SMBs the tools they need to set up and manage their online presence in a simple and cost effective way. It delivers products and services that small businesses are interested in, especially as the number of businesses relying on the internet to promote themselves, and run their business increases.
“The Business Online services can also be combined with our broadband plans which have been designed specifically for small businesses,” Mr Tucker said.
Optus Business Online features the following range of products and services:
- Domain Name Registration
– Customers can register their own domain name (online website address) with Optus from $25 per year.
– Optus can also help transfer an existing domain name from another provider to Optus.
- Web Hosting Services
– Business Online features six web hosting plans to cater for all SMBs, no matter how small or sophisticated.
– The six plans range from a Basic ($16.50 per month) package to help start a business online, up to a Professional ($699 per month) sophisticated business-critical site package.
– Web hosting also lets customers create a professional looking website with the use of our easy step-by-step SiteBuilder wizard, included free on all web hosting plans.
- Email Hosting
– Optus can now host and manage a business’s email exchange from only $5 per mailbox per month.
– All emails are securely stored, managed and maintained saving time and money.
– Features include security protection with built-in anti-virus software and spam filtering and regular backup to reduce the risk of email loss.
- Secure Data Backup
– Secure Data Backup allows customers to back up important files onto a secure, fully managed server. Customers will be able to protect their data from theft, human error, viruses and natural disasters.
– Users can access their files via the internet anywhere, anytime through the secure web-login browser interface.
– Prices depend on storage space requirements, and start at $132 per year.
In addition Optus SMB continues to offer great value with a range of capped, BlackBerry and Optus Wireless Connect plans – to ensure Optus delivers a business solution to suit every business big and small.
“The more our customers integrate their Optus products and services, the more they save. For example, some of our plans offer Optus SmartShare – which means businesses can aggregate their account usage across their mobile ‘yes’ Business Smart voice services, ‘yes’ Business Smart mobile data services, Optus Wireless Connect and selected BlackBerry plans.
“Optus recognises that SMBs want the products and services to support them in doing business – in an uncomplicated and cost effective way. Business Online is another suite of tools to enable every SMB to get online and help their business grow,” Mr Tucker said.
Note to Editor:
For further information and a full list of Terms and Conditions on Business Online products and services, please review the attached Optus brochures.
Getting your Business Online – (pdf) 443kb
Phone and Broadband for Small Business – (pdf) 727kb
Optus Corporate Affairs
Tel: (02) 9342 9021